Here is a “living” list, certainly not exhaustive, of the contributions and interactions born from these moments of exchanges during our conferences.
- code - Use of the Lief library in MISP by Raphaël Vinot (developer of the MISP project at CIRCL.LU among other things) after attending the Lief talk by Romain Thomas (Quarkslab) during the Security track.
- sharing - Peter Czanik will try to use Syslog-NG and MISP together after a discussion with Raphaël Vinot during the speakers’ dinner.
- sharing - Let’s Encrypt through J.C. Jones provides the information that they use Qubes as the secure platform to do all ops on Let’s encrypt PKI. Great use case for a great product.
- code - Paul Kocialkowski, developer of Replicant (Android full free) and embedded theme speaker, attended on Monday Lunar conference on reproducible builds in the Security track. On Wednesday, he started the development of the reproducible build support for the Replicant boot loader with the help of Lunar! Or how an initiative presented in the Security track can impact the Embedded area.
- articles / presentations - encounter between Ange Albertini (reverser, jedi of file formats) and Philippe Teuwen (co Security track chairman). This gave a lot of work in common and exchanges in particular through the journal PoC or GTFO (The International Journal of Proof-of-Concept or Get The Fuck Out).
- code - Clément Oudot’s contribution on LemonLDAP-NG implementing the support of Mozilla Persona / BrowserID following a presentation by François Marier (Mozilla) on Persona
- code - development of a new feature in Syslog-NG following the presentation of Xavier Mertens on the investigation through notably logs.
Feedback from speakers
Speakers who came to Pass the SALT or RMLL Security Tracks
You will find below some of the speakers who came to Pass the SALT or/and to the RMLL Security tracks year after year.
Note that it is not a comprehensive list of the speakers who came to PTS and RMLL Sec tracks. The talks are not exhaustive neither, just given as examples of talks given by these speakers.
Thank so much for the trust from all of them (listed or not)! :
- Free Software projects:
- Reverse and Low-Level:
- Christian Herrmann (Unlocking secrets of the proxmark3 RDV4),
- Paul Rascagnères (reverse with OSS),
- Ole André V. Ravnås and Sergi Alvarez aka pancake (r2frida better together),
- Axelle Apvrille (Are there Spectre-based malware on your Android smartphone?),
- Jakub Kroustek and Peter Matula (Machine-Code Analysis With Open-Source Decompiler RetDec),
- Threat Intel and Incident Response:
- Network security :
- OS and Containers:
- Web and Cloud security:
- Security at large: